Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Palm Harbor

Firstly I have to extend my thanks once again to Nigel, Lynne and their family for putting up with me for the last three weeks. I’ve had a nice rest although I’ve been working hard (some of the time) helping Nigel do some repairs and deliveries for his Patio furniture business, and also building some work benches for the garage below the new house. We’ve drunk our fair share of Rum and Red Wine and I hope I’ve past on some Aussie BBQ skills!! Best of luck for the future guys and I hope to see you in Australia sooner than later.



The new cassa Tuckey


Nigel, Lynne and Philippa


Job Started


Job finished!!

We also went down to the Wednesday bike night at Quaker Steak and lube, loads of bikes, big burgers and some good live music.


Quaker Steak and lube bike night


Some huge burgers


And some radical bikes


The blue chrome was cool

To everyone else I apologize for neglecting the blog.

I'm now back on the road. I made the first stop back in St Augustine, 300 km north of where I was and I thought a nice place to have a second look at. It’s no cooler here although I do think the humidity is slightly less. Next stop is Georgia.


Inside the fort at St Augustine

After the British burned down the original fort they replaced it!!


The oldest house in town


Moss hanging from the trees, down to old houses, nice!


Downtown St Augustine

1 comment:

  1. CP,

    It's great to see you've been doing something useful during your R&R! Nigel (and family) seem nice and must be if they've let you spend over three weeks with them. Generosity & hospitality abound!

    I was concerned, but not worried, when you missed your regular weekend blog entry. Knowing you were enjoying time with friends, rather than being between backwoods towns, is always going to be somewhat consoling for those of us at home. Don't for a minute think that we aren't wondering "What's Happened?" when we don't hear from you regularly. Sorry if you feel this as 'pressure to blog' but just think of it as "There's people out there who care!".

    As I said earlier, St. Augustine looks beautiful. Well worth a second look. I guess it will be all north to Boston now? Did you know that Boston is the most similar US city to Melbourne, AU (size, demographics, structure)? Some of the great cities of the world lie in wait!

    I hope The Wombat is behaving itself. Keep the rubber bits rolling & stay safe.

    Regards,

    Mike H (Ténéré Mike)

    ReplyDelete