Monday, November 15, 2010

The next days ride was the sort you dream of, long sweeping bend one after the other. Climbing up through valleys into the mountains with scenery that just gets better all the time, and the sun shining. These days take me back to the first time on a bike when I was sixteen, and it’s why I still ride motorcycles.



I made contact with Jorge and Claudia Alegre whom I had met earlier over on the east coast. They live in San Carlos de Bariloche and had said that if I needed a hand to find some good, cheap accommodation then to let them know. They found me this very nice little self-contained cabana a short ride out of town but with a supermarket and restaurants close by if I needed them. I waked into the town the next day and there was a parade of the local Gauchos through one of the main streets.





This place has some of the largest shops selling chocolate that I have ever seen. Chocoholics strike this place off your list!! The hot chocolate is just like drinking it pure.



The next day I took a ride out along the lake, Lago Nahuel Huapi, and a ride up the chair lift to the top of Cerro Campanario (Bell Tower Hill) where you get three hundred and sixty degree views of the surrounding countryside.



I continued at a very slow pace around what they call the circuit chica, no point in rushing when the views are this good.



I’ve got one more day here, posting this blog some more Emails and some route planning. I’ve got to try to make up my mind if I cross into Chile as planned in Mendoza or carry on further north and stay in Argentina.

No comments:

Post a Comment